It’s really hard to believe that this year has almost come to a close. While this has been a very challenging year for ALL of us, I also think that it has given most of us tremendous opportunity for growth.
I’ve seen a lot of people around me find strength, clarity and passion by overcoming obstacles they have faced during this time. It makes me really happy to see so many of you tackling projects, making career shifts, dedicating energy to family and relationships, and finding more time for your own habits and routines.
It’s kind of crazy that it took a pandemic to realize what is truly important to us in the grand scheme of things… Anyway, I want to encourage you to keep a positive outlook through the end of this year and into 2021. We all know how easy it is to let the negative thoughts take over (because that’s the way our brains are hard-wired). It takes practice to maintain a positive mindset but that’s what I’m here to help you do!
TIPS FOR THE END OF 2020
- Start Each Day on a Positive Note – I highly recommend keeping a journal you like right next to your bed so the first thing you think about is gratitude. Write down 3-10 things you’re grateful for every single morning to start your day on a positive note!
- Contain Your Focus – Keep your goals in mind and don’t assume that because you had a hard week or month that you have to give up now.
- Strive for Routine – Habits and routines are important because they help us maintain consistency. Without consistency, you won’t see results and changes.
- Have Fun – Life isn’t meant to be as serious as many of us make it. It’s really easy to let life become mundane – find little ways to bring joy into your daily life!
- Be Flexible – Things aren’t going to always go as planned and that is OKAY. Sometimes, things happen differently than we may want but it turns out for the best!
- Celebrate – My friend Alexis and I recently had a celebration of all of the positive things we have done in the past few years (more on that in another post) but you don’t have to go all out. Just remember to celebrate yourself! You’re a badass; recognize how far you’ve come!
- Plan Ahead – Sometimes, that means planning for uncertainty or the unknown. Just make sure you aren’t letting that scarcity mindset take over. Things WILL work out.
- Prepare for Next Year – More on this in next month’s newsletter but maybe take some time this month to reflect where you’re at and what goals you may want to accomplish before the end of 2020 and in 2021.