This is the perfect recipe when you’re craving a nice, rich tasting hot cocoa but don’t want the extra calories or sugar. This recipe is dairy free, gluten free & free of artificial ingredients!
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1 tbsp. pure organic cacao powder (see my blog post on difference between cacao & cocoa)
- 1 tbsp. raw organic honey
- 1/4 tsp. Stevia in the raw
- 1/8 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Heat almond milk in small saucepan over low heat (3-4 minutes), stirring frequently.
- Add honey, stevia and vanilla extract and stir until combined.
- Add cacao powder and continously stir, making sure all clumps have dissolved.
- Pour into mug and serve while hot.