Chickpea Brownies Recipe:
These brownies are gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan. A great healthy alternative to traditional brownies. These turn out deliciously gooey, chocolatey and satisfying.
- 1 can chickpeas (15 oz) drained and rinsed.
- 1/2 cup almond butter (can substitute any nut butter)
- 1/4 cup almond flour/meal
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet vegan ones)
Preheat oven to 350F. In a blender, blend all ingredients except chocolate chips. Continue to process until consistency is smooth and creamy, scraping down sides as necessary. Stir in chocolate chips once consistency is reached, and do not process again. Pour batter into greased 8×8 pan (or loaf pan for thicker brownies) Bake for 20-23 minutes (25-28 for loaf pan). Enjoy!